Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Akos Major

Going from blog, after blog, after blog, I came across Akos Major. I couldn't find more information than him being from Budapest, Hungary. I did find hundreds of his images, and I highly recommend people to look at his photographs.

The images seem to portray very powerful natural beauty of the landscape. I am going to focus in a few images that seem to consistently inform each other. He photographs landscapes that include snow or water, with a city scape, or natural formations.

The images are stunning! I admire his use of the square format and the placement of the horizon line. In many of his images, one can appreciate a clear consistency of the frame awareness by the photographer.

The calming presence of the images convey a level of aesthetics that in many cases is very difficult to achieve by photographing landscape. In my opinion, what the photographer achieves is that viewer can have a sensory experience when looking at it...where one can feel the coldness of the snow, or water... One can smell the cold ice, and fog... and finally, one can feel the loneliness, and isolation of some of the subjects on that landscape.

I am personally moved and inspired by these images. In particular by the choice of subject matter and the technical decisions that make the simplest things in nature become so hugely noticeable, and beautiful. Simple or (as Chris would say:) 'Minimal' is beautiful.






Check him out on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/absolutelynothing/

No comments:

Post a Comment